We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As An Amazon Associate We Earn From Qualifying Purchases.
Getting a curved TV is a one-way ticket that brings you style and elegance. Of the many out there we have researched and come up with the best curved TV for living room. The number one from this list happens to be the ✅Samsung UN65MU8500. The first question everybody wants to ask is – are these TVs worth the hype? Are they worth it at all?
Research shows that the Samsung brand is number one in the manufacture of curved TVs.
However, there will always be those that outperform others even if they come from the same manufacturer.
Comparison Table of the Best Curved TV for Living Room
Tap the images to get your Best Curved TV for Living Room on Amazon
Why Choose A Curved TV for The Living Room
When it comes to curved TVs, the debate has been on for a long time.
People are still searching for which one stands out – straight TVs or flat TVs.
The truth is they both have their advantages and disadvantages, so it all comes down to a personal decision.
What do you want from your TV and which of them provides you with those services?
The curved TVs have a few places where it outperforms the conventional TV type, some of them are:
- With curved TVs, the sense of immersion is improved making you more into the screen and what it shows than usual.
- The sense of depth is also enhanced by curved TVs; here 2D will easily look like 3D and so on.
- The contrast level in curved TVs is 1.5x to 1.8x better when compared to flat TVs.
- Color retainment in curved TVs is more than that of flat TVs.
- In general, a curved TV looks cooler and more sophisticated than a flat one.
In as much as they have their advantages, they also have disadvantages and some of them are;
- When a glass is shaped in any form, the image it reflects become weird and this makes the TV prone to glare
- Where you sit matters when you are watching the curved TVs, the middle gives you the best view while the rest are just not that good.
- Curved TVs need to be big for the best viewing experience.
- Although other brands have curved TVs, Samsung is the only brand fully involved in the manufacture of curved TVs. This doesn’t give us a lot of varieties when making our choice.
- The curved TV will need more space than a flat TV of the same size.
How to Identify the Best Curved TV for Living Room
When it comes to identifying which curved TV is best for you, a lot is involved.
Some of the factors and features include;
Like I said earlier when it comes to curved TVs – size is one of the most important factors.
It’s always good to know the size of the TV that the house needs and some factors contribute to knowing this.
Some of the things you should consider in deciding what size of curved TV to get are;
- How many viewers would watch the TV? Everyone needs to be placed at a point where they can enjoy the movie to its fullest. Also, they do not need to be impeding the view of others. Now, since the middle is the sweet spot, getting a bigger TV means increasing how much space the middle of the TV covers.
- How far will you be? How far from the screen will you be seated? The further your viewers are, the bigger the screen has to be to ensure maximum satisfaction. Ever wondered why the cinemas come with giant screens? This is why.
- Lastly, you should consider the available space. As it will be awkward and stressful to get a TV that won’t fit into the available space. Whether it will be mounted on the wall or put on a stand, measuring dimensions is important.
Screen types that have been used for televisions have changed over the years.
However, in modern times we have seen three types take over the market – LED, OLED, and QLED.
The screen you end up with will have a lot to do with how the money you have to spend.
Also, what is important to your eyes and its viewing pleasure will determine which of them you get.
Samsung which is the largest curved TV producing brand dwells more on QLED screen technology.
The QLED TV screens have a quantum dot position with the normal Light-emitting Diodes.
Research has shown that they provide brighter displays and have better color and picture quality.
When it comes to resolution, we are moving from important to luxury features.
It is the number of distinct pixels that can be measure in each dimension of a screen.
You would get a better viewing experience for your household if the resolution is good.
With HD TVs we get a resolution ranging from 720 pixels to 1080 pixels.
Whereas the 4K AND 8K TVs come with 2160 pixels and 4320 pixels respectively.
The higher the pixels the better the resolution.
It’s a known fact that curved TVs are prone to glare but how do you try to improve your screen.
The finishing of the screen has been known to be a factor in this.
Research shows that TVs with matte finishing will do more in a living room that has a lot of light.
Also, the type of material used to manufacture the TV will determine how heavy the TV will be.
Price and Value
How much you have at hand to spend on a TV has always and will always be a factor.
It does not actually matter what you are buying or from who you are buying it from.
You will agree with us that you can’t get a TV without the money to pay for it.
Also, I don’t think anybody will want to go bankrupt because he or she wants a TV in his living room.
That being said, we must note that the most expensive curved TV out there may not be the best.
This is why it is important to also match the price with the value of the curved TV you want offers.
You can also check out curved TVs that are being sold at discount or have free shipping.
Offers like this will help your bid to reduce the cost of the TV you are buying.
The energy usage of the TV will tell you how much you will pay while using the TV.
It’s important to check, so you don’t buy a TV that has a higher usage than you can pay for.
Coloring and Light
The high dynamic range (HDR) imaging technology is one of the most important features of your curved TV.
The color quality of your curved TV is controlled by the presence and quality of HDR on your TV.
So, when you are getting a curved TV it is important to find out if it is HDR enabled.
The light source can sometimes be too much for your TV screen to carry and this may cause glare.
However, there are some technologies available to combat this – one of such is the Dolby vision IQ.
It adjusts the screen of your TV concerning the amount of light present in the living room.
It is important to know what you can use the curved TV you are about to buy for.
HDMI ports are the most important of the bunch and should be available in number.
Your game consoles, HD decoders, laptops, projectors, etc. will be connected to the TV with this.
You will use the USB ports to connect storage devices and share data.
Other ports like the RF in, RF out AV, component, Ethernet, etc. are also important.
The days when our TVs were just used for seeing what our cable provider showed us are gone.
There is a need now for a TV to do more since the advent of smart TVs.
A Wi-Fi-enabled TV will provide you all you need for this to happen.
The Wi-Fi gives us access to the internet which in turn provides us with a wide array of services.
The worldwide web, Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Fire TV, etc.
A Bluetooth enabled device will be used to connect soundbars and other sound systems to the curved TV.
Projecting your smartphone screen to the TV is made possible to TV screens is made possible using screencast technology.
The Refresh Rate of the TV is the number of times the screen refreshes itself every second.
It helps to avoid lags when gaming and an overall better gaming experience.
The refresh rate is measured in Hertz and a lot of smart TVs come with a refresh rate of at least 60Hz.
It is important to pick a TV that fits and suits you and your needs.
A lot of factors should be considered, some are on this list and some are not.
But this in no way means that they are not as important as the others.
Some of it should be the view angles, ambient mode, type of sound, backlight, upscaling, contrast ratio, and processor used.
Top 7 Options for The Best Curved TV for The Living Room
1. Samsung Electronics UN65MU8500 Curved 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV is the No 1 choice for the Best Curved TV for Living Room
This 65” smart TV weighs 56.2 pounds and has a dimension of 11.5” X 56.8” X 36”.
A motion rate of 240 and a refresh rate of 240Hz are some of the impressive features it carries.
The refresh rate means there will be little or no lag during movies and gaming plus a perfect viewing experience.
This LED TV has full array connectivity led by 4 HDMI ports.
- 4 HDMI ports available
- There is a 4K color drive to control the color
- No Dolby vision IQ available
So, if this is the one you want, click on the image above to get the Samsung Electronics UN65MU8500 Curved 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV from Amazon
2. Samsung UN65KS8500 Curved 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
It also has a refresh rate of 240Hz but the motion rate of this curved TV drops to 120.
This in no way distorts its performance as lag and poor quality of the video will not be experienced with this.
It is a 4K Ultra HD 65” TV with 4 HDMI ports, 2 USB ports, an AV, RF, and an ethernet cable port.
It has a dimension that measures 11.7” X 56.8” X 35.7” and weighs 52.2 pounds.
- 4 HDMI ports available
- It has a refresh rate of 240Hz
- No Dolby vision IQ present
Click on the image above to purchase the Samsung UN65KS8500 Curved 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV from Amazon
3. Samsung Electronics UN65MU6500 Curved 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
It is Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled with 3 HDMI ports, a USB port, an RF cable, and an AV port.
It has a total weight of 62.4lbs and the dimension measures 14.5” X 57.5” X 35.7”.
This 65-inch TV has a motion rate of 120 and a refresh rate is measured to be 120Hz.
What this means is that we don’t have to worry about lag when gaming and you get good video quality.
- A refresh rate of 120Hz.
- The average number of HDMI ports available
- Dolby vision IQ not available
Purchase the Samsung Electronics UN65MU6500 Curved 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV from Amazon by clicking the image link
4. Samsung UN65RU7300FXZA Curved 65-Inch 4K UHD 7 Series Ultra HD Smart TV with HDR and Alexa Compatibility
It is a 65” TV with a weight of 56 pounds and dimensions reading 12.3” X 57.2” X36.1”.
You will get a very good viewing experience with a refresh rate of 60Hz is coupled with a motion rate of 120.
For gamers, you enjoy little or no lag when you are playing your favorite games.
It comes with 3 HDMI ports, 2 USB ports amongst others and it is Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled
- The average number of HDMI ports available.
- TV is prone to glare
Get your Samsung UN65RU7300FXZA Curved 65-Inch 4K UHD 7 Series Ultra HD Smart TV with HDR and Alexa Compatibility from Amazon by clicking on the image link above
5. SAMSUNG 65-inch Class Curved UHD TU-8300 Series – 4K UHD HDR Smart TV With Alexa Built-in UN65TU8300FXZA
The processor here is a transformative crystal 4K processor and has a 4K AI upscaling.
This is a 65” curved TV measuring 4.8” X 57.2” X 33” and it weighs 74.8 pounds.
Playing video games and watching movies will feel perfect thanks to a refresh rate of 60Hz.
- The refresh rate of 60Hz
- 3 HDMI ports available
- Heavier than the other curved TVs on the list
Click on the image above to get the SAMSUNG 65-inch Class Curved UHD TU-8300 Series – 4K UHD HDR Smart TV With Alexa Built-in (UN65TU8300FXZA from Amazon
6. Samsung UN55RU7300FXZA Curved 55-Inch 4K UHD 7 Series Ultra HD Smart TV with HDR and Alexa Compatibility
This 55-inch smart Ultra HD TV weighs about 39.8 pounds.
It has a dimension measured to be 10.3” X 48.7” X 31.2”.
It is Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled and also comes with 3 HDMI ports and 2 USB ports.
- Lighter than the other TVs
- The refresh rate is 60Hz
- No Dolby vision IQ
Buy the Samsung UN55RU7300FXZA Curved 55-Inch 4K UHD 7 Series Ultra HD Smart TV with HDR and Alexa Compatibility on Amazon by clicking the image above
7. Samsung UN65KU6500 Curved 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
It has dimensions of 14.5” X 57.5” X 35.7” and has an HD resolution.
This TV has all the connectivity options and it is Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled.
It has 3 HDMIs, 2 USB ports, an RF cable port, and an ethernet cable port.
A refresh rate of 120 Hz, makes it difficult to get screen lag or blurry screens when playing video games.
- Standard 60 Hz refresh rate
- 3 HDMI ports present
- No Dolby vision IQ available
Buy now by clicking on the image above to get the Samsung UN65KU6500 Curved 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV from Amazon
Conclusion on the Best Curved TV for Living Room
Curved TVs have their disadvantages but this doesn’t mean they don’t have advantages.
As a matter of fact, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages when they go side by side.
So, if you want a luxury viewing experience, get a curved TV.
The best curved TV for the living room is the ✅Samsung UN65MU8500.
Click the link to order from Amazon now.